Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012




Money Class on PBS and OWN.  Suze Orman gives great advice on this show.  I've watched most of the shows.  The biggest lesson for me is that my financial situation is directly related to my emotions.  When I get my surroundings organized and get rid of certain things that are causing drama in my life I will be on a much better financial path.  It is really all related, I dont know if it's the case for both men and women or just most women.  Suze always emphasizses being honest and organized.  Honest about what we really need and what we can really afford.  I am definately not trying to keep up with the Jones's or the Kardashians.  So this is my project for awhile.  This is especially important for military members because we never know when we could have to leave our families and homes so having things in order and ready to go is critical.  On my last deployment I really wish I had my finances more organized and had a real plan for the money I made.  I won't make that mistake again on my next deployment which is inevitable :( .  Prepaid debit card - I mostly think prepaid cards are SUCH a rip off, why not just use the one with your checking account?  The Rush card?  Why should I help make Russell and Kimora Simmons more rich than they already are?  I don't think it looks cool to have a celebrity's face on your debit card, it just makes you stand out that for some reason you can't get a real credit card or traditional debit card.  There are so many fees on the prepaid cards, that you would most likely not get with a checking account debit card.  Annual Fees, Monthly Fees, ATM fee, balance inquiry fee, fee for calling customer service, overdraft fee, and on and on.  But Suze has a good idea with her debit card that in the future may report to one of the credit bureaus, TransUnion.  Suze Orman's Approved card has a small $3 per month fee.  This is perfect for people who cannot get a credit card, to build up their credit.  I'm a fan of Suze! Plus she is very pro-Military!

No comments:

Post a Comment