Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Annual Training

Well, 4th day of training.   So much for thinking I was going to be working out everyday, but I am sweating of the pounds while training in the field.  Last night in the woods though, YES.  I'm over this roughing it.  Cant wait to sleep on  my twin bed in the barracks, and take a shower anytime I want.  Enough complaining though because we did have some good training.  Now I'm sitting here on Guard duty at 4am (my partner is knocked out) waiting for the sun to come up over the mountain and waiting until breakfast when I can have my coffee.   Coffee is my only pleasure in the field.  Love coffee, even army coffee.

One of my soldiers saw a little bear out here in the field, hope no animals get brave and come into our area.  I'm not prepared for that, I don't have my weapon all I have is bug spray and some folding chairs.   The folding chair that I was trying to figure out how to get comfortable on and doze off but that wasn't working.  The sunrise is so nice, can't wait to see what today holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment